Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015

Welcome to a new year and a new 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. For this challenge I want to learn portraits and I thought If I'm going to do this I may as well pick a subject that I like. So this month you'll hopefully see 30 of my favorite comic book heroes. I'm starting with the classic original Incredible Hulk. This is influenced by Jack Kirby's 1962 Hulk first appearance. I've also decided to use a limited pallet for this month's challenge. I'm using Anders Zorn pallet of White, Red, Yellow Ochre, and Cad Red medium. I'm also adding Blue to my pallet. This should make for a very interesting looking feel for this series. I hope you guys enjoy as much as I enjoy creating these.
And now painting number 1:
"Incredible Hulk"
5x7" Acrylic on canvas board "Incredible Hulk"

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow - what a great, expressive Hulk! I love the way you've suggested his bulk with those beautifully shaded ropey muscles. Looking forward to seeing your comic portraits!

    (I keep thinking I need a theme for the month but haven't come up with one yet!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann, I'm hoping this series will be very different than just everyday comic book art. I'm trying to get more mood and...well, character out of these characters :-) many thanks for viewing.
    I'm sure your theme will reveal itself.

    ReplyDelete